Enjoy your day and ten acres of Taranaki heritage!
Winter Hours: Open Wednesday to Sunday from 10am to 4pm at Stratford South in Central Taranaki. Open at other times by arrangement.
- Village History…
- Pioneer Express Train…
A unique outdoor museum with many discoveries awaiting visitors within 40 authentic historic structures dating back to 1853. Many exhibits and museum artifacts are in working condition.
• STRATFORD HOSPITAL MUSEUM
• TARIKI & OPUNAKE RAIL STATIONS
• ORIGINAL HOMESTEAD
• STRATFORD COURTHOUSE
• MANGATOKI CHURCH: available for hire
• KAPONGA JAIL
• PEMBROKE SCHOOL
• AGRICULTURAL BARN: housing vintage tractors, thresher, stationary engines...
• VILLAGE RAILWAY (operates daily)
• HISTORIC WORKING WATERWHEEL & WATER RAM
• VILLAGE BARBER (operates on live days)
• VILLAGE PRINTSHOP (operates on live days)
• VILLAGE BOOKBINDER (operates on live days)
• VILLAGE FORGE (operates on live days)